Java Software Engineer (R&D Environment) - Ghent Region
Our client is a leader within their niche, with over 1 800 employees around the world. They have their headquarter in Ghent. Our client exists for over 40 years and provides software services. To strengthen their team they are looking for a Java Software Engineer.
You design and develop application logic for their unique and powerful web-based platform on J2EE and AWS cloud platforms. This includes creating the specification, the architectural design and implementing business logic (mainly in Java).
As a web software engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain robust software in your scrum team, making sure it meets all the functional and non-functional requirements
- Innovate and develop new product concepts as part of a team
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Stay up to date on software technology, tools, related and competing products and exchange technical information with your colleagues
- Follow and help optimizing installed processes, policies and procedures
- You have solid knowledge of the Java programming language and general web technology concepts. Specific knowledge of J2EE, SQL databases and/or AWS Cloud platform will be an extra plus.
- You have strong analytical skills, a good focus on quality, and want to produce clean code and architectures.
- You work well together with other developers, testers, support people and management, helping everybody to excel in their specializations.
- You love experimenting with new technologies and concepts, bring them forward to the team, and deploy and teach them, while having respect for adoption difficulties and proposed alternatives.
- You are proficient in spoken and written English. Any other language is appreciated.
You will end up in a leading-environment. Everyday you’ll see the end result of the software solution. They offer a competitive, full package salary and a lot of flexibility.