Network Architect R&D - Regio Gent - VK021
For one of our clients, active in developing networking and storage solutions, we are looking for a (freelance) Network Architect.
As an expert in IP networking, you will be part of a team of highly skilled professionals exploring new use cases and technologies based on IP networking and media/IT infrastructure combined with management software.
You will participate in building highly reliable, flexible and converged network infrastructures. The primary goal is to assist in the execution of the definition, setup and roll-out of media IP networks within the framework of the GRID solution software (software defined network controller), and later master this task independently.
Within this function you will also contribute to the identification, definition, implementation and testing (both network configuration and software implementation) of new features required by our media customers. You will also contribute and work on proof of concepts and support the software development team.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- You prefer to have in-depth understanding and are willing to research IP network technology (e.g. multicasting, routing, Quality of Service) and have a hands-on experience in configuring (CLI) network equipment of at least one major network-vendor (Arista being the most relevant/preferred one).
- You prefer to have an in-depth understanding of basic network services, such as DHCP, DNS, IGMP, ptp, … and you are willing to study the relevant media standards (NMOS, SMPTE 2022, 2110, …).
- You like to stay up to date with new developments in IP networking, IT storage and servers, as well as with new media industry trends.
- As a team player, you collaborate with your peers and develop/demonstrate innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will manage and execute network setups for our customer projects.
- You will contribute to the identification, definition, implementation and testing (both network configuration and software implementation) of new features required by our media customers.
- You will do rapid prototyping network setups, execute tests and document test results in a structural way.
- You will participate in the writing of product documentation, and maintain network architecture documentations for our customer projects.
- You will participate in technology research and development
- You have a bachelor or master degree in Computer Science or Electronics (or equivalent) preferred with a proven experience in network technologies and its media applications.
- You have minimally 5 years of experience in IP networking and/or research, using switches of a major vendor (preferably Arista). Experience in media IT infrastructure is an added value.
- You are eager to learn new things, you work thoroughly and independently.
- You are open to travel a few times per year.
- You are a team player with good (English) communication skills. French skills are an asset.
- This position is open to freelancers and employees
- They offer an interesting and R&D driven environment
- Long term projects