Software Cloud Engineer - Java/AWS (R&D Environment) - Ghent Region
Our client is a leader within their niche, with over 1 800 employees around the world. They have their headquarter in Ghent. Our client exists for over 40 years and provides software services. To strengthen their team they are looking for a Software Cloud Engineer.
You design and develop the Cloud applications. This includes creating the specification, the architectural design and writing the code for the user interface and the backing business logic services for applications.
As a development engineer, you will:
- Design and develop core cloud services
- Design and develop monitoring systems, taking advantage of AWS technology
- Contribute to the architectural design of our SaaS solution
- Write well-structured Java or Scala code or domain-specific languages with good documentation, unit tests, and code reviews
- Work together with seasoned cloud developers who are never too old to learn
- Report to the Chief Software Architect
- You are deeply interested in the technologies that drive the cloud. You are up to date with this fast-changing landscape and are willing to continue learning and adopting new technology.
- You understand cloud architecture patterns and best practices for designing highly available, scalable and secure systems.
- You are persistent with details and hold yourself accountable for the quality of your work.
- You work well together with other developers, testers, support people and management, helping everybody to excel in their specializations.
- You love experimenting with new technologies, bring them forward to the team, and deploy and teach them, while having respect for adoption difficulties and proposed alternatives.
- You prioritize the customer’s needs over the beauty or the ease of development.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
You will end up in a leading-environment. Everyday you’ll see the end result of the software solution. They offer a competitive, full package salary and a lot of flexibility.