Backend PHP Developer - Region Erembodegem - VK022
For one of our clients, active in de Gaming and Entertainment sector, we are looking for a PHP Developer. As Back End Developer you are assigned to one of the development squads and responsible for building and maintaining a functional and stable software platform, as well as for contributing to the development of various online applications that our customers use to access our very popular entertainment products.
- You translate functional requirements into high-performance code, building new or optimizing existing functionalities and features of applications;
- you deliver clean, reusable and clearly documented code;
- you continuously optimize the performance of your code and conduct UI tests;
- you work according to SOLID principles and utilize design patterns;
- you review the code of peers and are open to feedback about your own code;
- you collaborate closely with technical analysts, product owners, other developers, QA and site reliability engineers (devops). You report to your dedicated squad lead;
- you work according to Agile principles (Scrum framework), effectively starting your days with a stand up and contributing to biweekly sprints;
- you contribute to the overall software development lifecycle, this includes helping to define design requirements and supporting QA and deployment activities;
- you keep abreast with new technologies and actively contribute to our guilds.
- You obtained a higher degree in Computer Sciences, ICT Engineering or similar;
- you have several years of professional experience in building and implementing back end technology, ideally in the e-commerce or game development industry;
- you are an effective communicator who uses appropriate language at all levels -both spoken and written- in English and (ideally) Dutch;
- you have a solid expertise in PHP (e.g. Symfony) and (ideally) in Node.js, or you are driven to get started in coding in Node.js;
- you are experienced in testing your own code (phpspec, phpunit, codeception);
- you are experienced in using several of the following: MySQL, GIT, REST, MicroServices architecture, Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket);
- you are (ideally) experienced in using some of the following: Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Docker and Kubernetes;
- you are (ideally) experienced in writing code according to SOLID principles and utilizing design patterns (e.g. CQRS);
- Open to freelancers or employees
- Long term projects
- Interesting environment, that keeps up with the latest IT developments
Voor het zoeken naar zoektermen met speciale tekens, graag aanhalingstekens gebruiken. bvb voor .NET gelieve ".NET" in te geven.