Front End Engineer (R&D Omgeving) - Regio Gent
Our client is a leader within their niche, with over 1 800 employees around the world. They have their headquarter in Ghent. Our client exists for over 40 years and provides software services. To strengthen their team they are looking for a Front End Engineer.
You have an eye and a feeling for how to create an attractive user experience for the end user, including where to position elements, how to guide users intuitively through the application and how to polish the look.
As a front-end software engineer, you will:
- Develop and maintain robust software in your scrum team, making sure it meets all the functional and non-functional requirements
- Innovate and develop new product concepts as part of a team
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Stay up to date on software technology, tools, related and competing products and exchange technical information with your colleagues
- Follow and help optimizing installed processes, policies and procedures
- Knowledge or interest in J2EE, Cloud (AWS) or web application security is a plus.
- You have strong analytical skills, a good focus on quality, and want to produce clean code and architectures.
- You work well together with other developers, testers, support people and management, helping everybody to excel in their specializations.
- You love experimenting with new technologies and concepts, bring them forward to the team, and deploy and teach them, while having respect for adoption difficulties and proposed alternatives.
- You are proficient in spoken and written English. Any other language is appreciated.
You will end up in a leading-environment. Everyday you’ll see the end result of the software solution. They offer a competitive, full package salary and a lot of flexibility.