Maintenance Software Engineer (VB6) - Regio Kruibeke - VK055
For one of our client is Kruibeke, we are looking for a Maintenance Software Engineer (VB6) for a freelance mission.
You will analyse, develop and test programmatical solutions on projects and technical support issues for our Management Software.
You will be assigned project tasks by the Project Manager(s) and assigned technical support tickets by the Technical Support Representative(s).
You will be able to guide Junior Developers through complex developments and will be able to technically specify (design) developments for the Junior Developers where necessary.
Knowledge of VB6 is essential to support and maintain legacy code alongside more Object-Oriented languages (e.g. C#).
- Develop new program code (including structural changes) and refine existing code for all software applications in the application portfolio. Work will be mainly assigned to you via technical support tickets from 1st/2nd line support or on a project basis. Your main priority though will be sustainment. You will document your work by way of manuals, release notes and technical documentation for rest of development team to understand the make-up of developed code.
- Analyse customer requirements/issues to provide functional descriptions of the required work. The functional descriptions will either be used by yourself to develop from or will be distributed to other team members whom you can also help guide. You will provide development estimates to enable the Project Manager to plan and schedule work accordingly.
- Create technical design specifications from functional descriptions (customer requirements) to provide the basis/guidelines to proceed to development. The technical design specifications will either be used by yourself to develop from or will be distributed to other team members whom you can also help guide. You will provide development estimates to enable the Project Manager to plan and schedule work accordingly.
- Software Engineering experience with VB6 and any of VB.NET, C#, C++
- Fluent in Dutch and English. French is a plus.
- Experience as a Business/Functional Analyst and comfortable interacting with customers.
- Ability to design work for self and others via technical specifications and provide accurate estimations of time to develop and test to the Project Manager(s).
- Ability to think in a structured and logical manner and develop processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Is meticulous with high attention to detail.