Site Reliability Engineer - Regio Aalst - VK050
For one of our clients, located in Aalst, we are looking for a SRE Engineer. This role is open to freelancers and employees.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps mindset) you are responsible for the configuration and the operation of our state-of-the-art IT systems environment. Automation, uptime, performance, resources and security are your key focus to meet our high standards. You work closely with other SRE’s, Application Architects, Database and Network Administrators and you report to the Technical Operations Manager.
- You automate the configuration and operation of business critical servers in a test and a production environment
- You implement and optimize implementation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- You monitor the performance and availability of applications running on assigned systems
- You respond to and resolve business requests related to infrastructure or applications
- You update and upgrade systems and processes
- You analyze system logs
- You perform OS updates and upgrades
- You monitor and report on software deployments
- You automate development flows and software deployments
- You optimize configurations, system performance and security
- You troubleshoot and report on system issues
- You optimize procedures and automate recurring tasks
- You develop and maintain system design and troubleshooting documentation
- You obtained a degree in Computer Sciences, ICT Engineering, etc. or an equivalent through experience
- You demonstrate professional experience in a similar role (e.g. DevOps Engineer) or an associated position (e.g. Software Engineer, Linux System Engineer, etc.)
- You are an effective communicator who uses appropriate language at all levels -both spoken and written- in English, and (ideally) in Dutch
- You combine technical expertise with functional awareness of / affinity with DevOps methodology
- You demonstrate solid expertise and experience with Linux Server OS engineering and administration
- You are experienced with working in Google Cloud environment
- You are experienced with using CI/CD tools and implementing pipelines
- You are experienced with virtualization and containerization technologies
- You are experience in working with configuration management tools
- You demonstrate strong scripting expertise (Perl, Go, Ruby, Bash, Typescript ...)
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of RDBMS such as MySQL, MS SQL, NoSQL MongoDB and Cassandra
- Affinity with datacenters and server operations in a high-load e-commerce environment
En we nemen zo spoedig mogelijk contact op ! Ten laatste binnen 48u krijgt u van ons feedback.
Voor het zoeken naar zoektermen met speciale tekens, graag aanhalingstekens gebruiken. bvb voor .NET gelieve ".NET" in te geven.